Introductory hunts are available for non-members and a great way to check out our facility and staff. The cost is $225.00 for two hunters and 6 pheasants. Additional birds and guests may be added for an additional cost. You are welcome to bring your own dog, or you may use our guide service. The fee for this service (guide and dog) is an additional $100.00. Our hunts are available Tuesday through Sunday. We offer morning hunts, which begin at 8am and afternoon hunts, which begin at 1pm. All introductory hunts must be paid at the time of booking. In the event of a cancellation, monies will be applied to a future reservation. Please call the office Monday through Friday between 8am and 5pm to book your hunt.
Please note: Introductory hunts are designed to introduce perspective members to the club.
Thank you for your interest in an Intro Hunt with Coon Creek Hunt Club. We hope you enjoy your experience with us. Below is some helpful information about your upcoming hunt.
- Our club is located at 11050 Slough Road Garden Prairie, IL 61038.
- Morning hunts start at 8:00 am and afternoon hunts start at 1pm. Please arrive at least a half hour prior to hunt to get checked in.
- Guided hunts are approximately 2 to 2 ½ hours long. If you have your own dog generally you can stay in the field for about 3 hours. Always check in with our staff before you start your hunt.
- We only allow steel shot for both hunting and clay shooting. Ammo is available for purchase in our clubhouse if needed.
- You can harvest both hens and roosters at our club.
- You must have a valid Illinois Hunting License and we do not sell them at the club. Please check the Illinois DNR website to purchase these prior to your hunt.
- You only need an FOID card to purchase ammo or to rent a gun. You do not need an FOID card if you are hunting under the direct supervision of someone who has a valid FOID card.
- We do not allow bird cleaning on site, however we do offer bird cleaning services if you are interested. You are also welcome to take your birds home with you as well.
- Intro hunts are non-refundable but can be rescheduled within the same season.
- We do not sell food at the club, but there is a local restaurant that will deliver to the clubhouse. They have excellent pizza, hot dogs, burgers, pastas and more. Please see one of our staff members for the phone number when you arrive for your hunt. We do have a soda machine for your convenience.
If you have any other questions, please call us at 847-603-4868. We hope your experience with us is memorable